1. It is good to quit paragliding if you feel that it is not under your control.
如果你感覺飛行傘操縱無法在你控制之下,其實不飛傘也是一件好事。
2. The good flying conditions happen when you are away from the flying area.
當你離開飛行區後,氣流通常會變好。
3. Pay attention to the fight of fovea and fear.
集中注意力去對抗心裡的恐懼。(時時注意要懂得害怕)
4. Do not hide your fear from yourself and from your friends.
不要隱藏你從你自己及朋友內心的恐懼。
5. Do not struggle to get into your harness after take-off.
不要在起飛之後才奮力穿上你的套帶及扣上安全扣。
6. Hands should always be in hands, especially at launch procedure.
飛的好的人總是技術純熟的人,尤其是在起飛動作時。
7. Don't launch if there is turbulence that you are not prepared to deal with.
如果還沒有準備好能夠對付空中緊急狀況處理時,千萬不要貿然起飛(氣流很亂時)。
8. Incline the wind meter to find the maximum wind speed direction.
運用風速計去發現最大風速及風向。
9. If you see a pilot having a bad take-off, be prepared to have one as well.
如果你看到有人起飛狀況不理想,要了解其問題所在,並設法做的比他好。
10. Grab the back risers while you wait to launch in unstable conditions.
天氣條件不理想,當你在等待好時機起飛時,最好抓住後組主提帶。
11. Do not ask for assistance from people that do not know how to help you.
最好在想好要別人怎麼幫你時,才請求別人支援。
12. Always secure first the leg strap and open it when you are packing.
當你著裝時(套帶),先綁腿帶。
13. Chewing gum can assist your concentration.
吃口香糖可以幫助你注意力集中。
14. Untangling is easy when you start from the wing to the risers with A lines.
當你將傘攤開,開始整理傘繩時,先用A組較容易。
15. In strong wind, let someone grab your leading edge from the center.
強風時,請人幫忙抓住傘中央前緣風口處。
16. Boots, helmet and gloves are part of the flying equipment.
飛行靴、頭盔、手套是飛行飛行傘部分裝備。
17. The landing path is the safety path.
降落區是安全降落場。
18. Landing ends when your wing is packed.
在落地最後一剎那時,保持你傘衣在充飽狀態。
19. If you are getting dragged, grab one riser, a line or material and pull.
如果你在地面被傘倒拖,抓住任何一條主提帶或一條繩子用力拉它。
20. Do use big ears in turbulent area.
在亂流區使用大耳朵。
21. Do not use big ears unless you are forced to it.
除非必要情況(被迫),盡量不要使用大耳朵。
22. When slope is on your left, keep pressure and body shift on the right.
當單邊大夾時(左邊),保持另一邊(右邊)操縱繩壓力並將身體移向那邊(右邊)壓重。
23. Look, lean, turn.
環顧四週、傾身、在轉向。
24. Never say ''I will do top landing''. Say '' I will try ''
千萬別說:我要一次就原地降落成功;可以說:我會試試看。
25. Always do the best you can to deal with a problem. It is enough.
擁有足夠狀況處理知識及能力,總是能將所遇狀況處理到最好。
26. Handle your brakes smoothly and progressively.
掌控你的操縱繩緩慢的並保持前進。
27. Always attach your speed system to the risers and keep bar free.
總是把加速器繫在主提帶上,並把加速器放在腳上未加速狀態
28. If you have a collapse, try to keep your track without panic. Steer, then clear.
如果你碰到大夾潰傘,試著不要驚慌保持你行徑方向,就能排除狀況。
29. You can perform much bigger weight shifts while reclined than while upright.
你可用瞬間身體躺平、直立來展現飛行中之重心大幅移動。
30. To define wind speed and direction look at the shadow of a cloud on the ground.
空中風速及風向可由雲在地面影子判斷。
31. Usually the shape of clouds, show the wind direction at this level.
通常雲的形狀可顯示風在這個雲高風向。
32. Active flying is keeping your wing exactly above and centered to your body.
激烈的操傘必須保持你的傘翼準確在你頭上方且身體重心保持在傘翼中央。
33. When you are in a thermal, forget your vario and feel the center of push.
當你在做熱氣流盤旋時,暫時忘記你的升降速率表去體會熱氣流推升中心。
34. Making figure-8 turns can be better than full turns if there is a risk of colliding with the ridge.
使用八字型轉彎盤昇比直接使用360度盤昇撞到在山稜線風險機率較低。
35. A thermal column constitutes an obstacle for the wind. There is a lee side to it.
當上升熱氣流帶像一條管子時,對水平風而言它就像是一個障礙物,其後方有下風處。
36. Never leave lift.
不要離開上升帶
37. Don't fly into clouds.
千萬不要飛到雲裡面去。
38. Prefer trees for emergency landing than the risk of cables and sharp objects.
寧願掛樹也不要落在電纜繩索或尖硬物體上。
39. Look on the ground when you are in turbulence and don’t look your wing all the time.
當有亂流時千萬不要一直看者你的傘,要注意地面情況(高度、降落場)。
40. The more turbulent, the further away from the hillside you should be flying.
很多亂流時(風很亂時),你更要遠離山腰(亂流區域加大)。
41. In turbulence body shift should make more work than brakes.
有亂流現象時,使用身體移動會比使用煞車來的多。
42. By having some pressure on the brakes you can speed up and slow down as well.
適當施加壓力於煞車繩可以很安全的讓傘加速與減速。
43. Better land with big ears, applying on the brakes than try to release near the ground.
要使用大耳朵降低高度準備降落時,必須在靠近地面前,試著用煞車去讓大耳朵解除。
44. If you have altitude try to recover your flight, than to deploy your reserve.
如果你飛行時不斷嘗試超越你曾有過的飛行高度就會展開你的實力。
45. Do not look the obstacle you are afraid to crash into (This is called fixation).
千萬不要盯者看你害怕撞到的物體(這叫做致命的吸引力)46. Steering without the brakes is possible with back risers and/or body weight shift.
除了用煞車轉彎外可用後組主提帶或身體移動重心轉移來使傘衣轉彎。
47. Leave you wing unfolded if you are hurt due to a bad landing.
如果你因為降落得不好造成受傷,先行將傘與套帶分離。(不要被風拖)
48. Always carry in your harness one spare line and repair adhesive material.
套袋內總是有一條備份繩子及一段專用貼布。
49. When the temperature is high metal parts of the risers should not get in touch with the wing.
當主提帶上金屬部分溫度較高時,不要與傘衣接觸。
50. There are no good pilots, only old pilots.
沒有好的飛行員只有老的飛行員。
51.The only thing better than getting high, is being low first.
沒有比贏得勝利更好的事,除了能安全的活者。